I looked them up and down. What to do with this? Then I saw some instructions on the side and followed these up for the one set. I figured I'd do one at the time! Only after I had done that I noticed there were more detailed instructions inside. Oh dear. They were structurally different. Oh well; we'll see if this works. I put the whole thing in the conservatory; it seems to need warmth to get started. And once that's done I'll move it to either kitchen or storage space! Nice and cool and dark and rather constant in temperature. Let's hope I haven't buggered it up now. I think not; I expect mushrooms to not be too picky about their circumstances.
In the meantime, quite a lot of my carrots and most of my cabbages have come up! So more success. There is still no sign of leek and only a weep-worthy amount of spinach. And not much progress yet on the aubergine front but that might just take a while. No sign of actual food yet but progress is made! I have faith that I will manage to grow at least a few meals' worth of food this season...
Spinach on the top shelf, carrots in the middle and cabbage on the lowest shelf