03 August 2022

Catching up with Guy and Kate

An unpractically large percentage of my friends are called Kate. There are the two Kates in Penmachno, and then there is the Kate who is married to Guy, and who has resulted in me having a cat. I hadn't seen her since the year before! I was supposed to have seen her on New Year's Eve but she bailed out. But she had indicated she was up for some social contact in the summer. And we had picked a weekend for it! And it came.

She hadn't seen the cat since the fluffy creature had moved in with me, so I sort of expected her to want to come over to my place. But that wasn't the case! They invited me over to theirs. And I love their place, but I was just a bit surprised. There are people who would not let any opportunity slip to cuddle the cat!

The plan was that I would come over, we would walk the dogs, then have afternoon tea, and then I would go home again. And I must admit that I just assumed I would drive. Only when my car had to go to the garage I did check the bus; there was even an excellent bus going there! Unfortunately, there was no suitable bus to take me back. But next time I go there I will certainly check if I can use public transport that time.

I got there and saw Guy and Pi outside from a distance. When Pi could get to me, he immediately planted his muddy feet on my trousers! As I write this, the prints are still there. We went inside and met Kate and Indy. Indy seems to think I am the bee's knees, so she immediately proceeded to stick her nose into my face. We all had a slice of fruit loaf and then we set off. They had discovered a beautiful path some distance away. And beautiful it was! It was lonely moorland in atmospheric mist. But I still had to also see Martin, Sue, and Dean later that day, so we had to abort the walk. We all decided we should do the full loop the next time I go there! In hindsight, it might have been better to walk just from the front door, but hey ho.

Back at the house we had that afternoon tea. It was all in 70s style! And it was lovely. Indy insisted on sitting on the bench with me. Lovely but silly little dog.

Then it was already time to go home! It had been good. And I look for to finishing that loop next time. 

Dog walking

Posing

With Indy on the bench

No comments: