04 August 2022

Improvising my way back to podcasts

I had been bit late to the game of listening to podcasts on my phone. But it can be really nice! For instance, sometimes I need to drive a considerable distance, and radio reception can be a bit patchy here in North Wales. Additionally; my car doesn't receive many stations, and sometimes not one of them has anything interesting on. So then a podcast and earphones are ideal!

When I went on my way to Guy and Kate I fully intended to listen to a good podcast, but that was thwarted by equipment failure. I suspected a faulty wire. I had to make do with my own thoughts! But I didn't want that to last. When I had established I did not have some compatible spare pair lying around, I first thought of just buying a new set of earplugs. But I came across a small adapter that allows you to plug earphones with a round jack into an iPhone. I thought that was a much better idea! I knew I still had the earplugs of my unloved Samsung lying around, and I could use these with that jack. And I also have a pair of bone conduction headphones, also with a round jack. So that tiny little adapter could give me lots of new opportunities! So I ordered it.


It works! I can now listen to my iPhone on the Samsung earplugs. And soon as I have retrieved my bone conduction headphones (I think they are in my office) I can hopefully use these again too! These are much better for car journeys; you can still hear the world outside you. Although driving is something you largely do by eye. Long car journeys, here I come!

No comments: