17 August 2022

Permanent solution to dental hygiene issue?

Whoever reads my blog must be aware that I try to avoid doing avoidable damage to the environment. But I won't do it any cost. A few years ago I had tried to become plastic-free in my dental hygiene habits, but I had given up on that. I just didn't think the wood and bamboo toothbrushes (with things such as cornstarch bristles) did a good enough job of keeping my teeth clean. And I won't sacrifice my teeth! So I had gone back to plastic toothbrushes. My toothpaste and floss is still plastic-free. But I did feel bad about this. You need a new toothbrush every so many weeks, and it builds up!

One day I was having lunch at work, and a colleague told us about an electric toothbrush, which is made of recyclable materials, that she had bought for her husband. And I was listening. That sounded really good! When you buy one, you get a compostible bag with it, and if you have used up your brush head you can send it back to them for free, and they recycle it. It sounded marvellous. So I asked the name of the company: Suri. I quickly ordered my own. And I can charge it with solar power! So that's sorted me out.

When it arrived I immediately tried it. It tickles! But it absolutely does feel very clean afterwards. So I think I now have made the switch for good. I'm glad I accidentally found out about this company!




No comments: