22 August 2022

Dinorwic with my cousin

On the third and last day my cousin Sandra would be in Wales, she and her family would pick me up at 11 am to drive to Dinorwic. That meant I had some alone time for chores before I would blend into their family life. 

When they picked me up it was drizzling, but that was okay. We drove to the Bus Stop and walked into the quarry. The goats gave acte the presence as well! We went up a few levels, exploring bits that I had not actually seen before. There is so much to see there! And it is fairly difficult to keep a clear overview of where you have and have not been. I was glad that they found it beautiful!


Negotiating a tunnel

Booker admires the depths


Scenic ruins

At some point we accidentally found ourselves going back in the direction of the cars, and we stuck with it. From there we went to the museum. We saw the introductory movie, the slate splitting demonstration, and the water wheel. And then we saw the old cottages. I was keen to see them! They had really impressed me the previous time I was there. This time you were not allowed to go upstairs, though. And then we saw the house of the chief engineer. And then we were out!

Photographing goats

The 19th century interior

I could not show Marcel (who is a diver) Vivian quarry, as a gate had been installed. So then we just went into Llanberis for some lunch. I dragged them to Pete’s Eats. Because I could! And from there we went back to Bethesda. I cooked dinner for them for their final night. It was nice to have food together! And then they left. They had to start preparing for their long journey back the next day. It had been lovely to see them! And I should not wait too long with going back to the Netherlands, as I can see them again then. I think they had a good time in Wales and I am really glad they did!

No comments: