20 August 2022

Onwards with the ivy

I had cut the stems of the ivy climbing up my roof and threatening the roof. But I had not got very far! But after some weeks I got my act together and placed my ladder against the front of the house. It was time to see how much I could remove! And I was making good progress, but I was being careful. The ladder didn't reach all the way up, and you shouldn't be standing at the very top of a ladder and exert force, as any jerky movements can have you flying off said ladder, with disastrous consequences. So I managed to remove quite a lot, but nothing at the very top. I will have to borrow Alan's extra long ladders for that. And I will really need those for the side of the house, which is higher. I hope I can remove the lot! Although just cutting off its food supply will do the job of stopping it from further damaging my roof. Watch this space, and keep your fingers crossed for no ladder related accidents!

Progress

No comments: