31 August 2022

Tidier garage

There had been quite some demand for space in my garage recently. Firewood was piling up, and I also welcomed the arrival of a new bicycle. But where to put all that wood, and that bicycle? There was an obvious answer; I had that tube that was no use to me standing in the way. So when that found a new home with Miles and Go Below, I could reorganise the space having come available so it could accommodate both bike and wood. And so I did!

I first screwed another bike hook into the wall. That was the bike sorted!

I then had to sort out the firewood. The builders working on Neuadd Ogwen had, at some point, given me two pallets. I had taken these apart into constituent parts, with the intention of sawing the planks into chunks and stuffing them into my log burners. But I now reconsidered; these planks would be perfect for making an additional firewood rack! So I set to work. And soon I had a new rack, modest but functional, tailor-made for the space having come available. The garage is a lot tidier now! And I could finally deal with some wood the neighbour had offered me. When he did that I really had nowhere to put it, but now I do! I will almost be welcoming winter as then I can start using some of that wood. I am sure that more wood will be coming in. That just happens! But once you use your log burner in anger, your stocks deplete quickly, so it is good that now in late summer I am full to the rafters. Still with space for bicycles!

Tidy!


No comments: