02 August 2022

Redirecting confused tourists

When I see confused people in my street, I am almost certain that what has happened is that they are tourists who have booked a B&B nearby, and who can't find it. I tend to approach them to verify this, and then redirect them to where they want to be. One day I checked what happens if you give the address of the B&B into Google Maps, and indeed; it doesn't recognise it. So then they end up in my street, which is an entirely different street, but with a similar name. And then they are looking for number 14. My street only has four houses in it: numbers 12 to 15. (Numbers 1 to 11 have been demolished.) Numbers 14 and 15 do not carry house numbers, so hence that the tourists often end up in front of my door. I had been of a mind to put up a sign saying: are you looking for this B&B? It is not here! And then explain where it actually is. But it had always dropped off the end of my to do list. Until one night when I was woken up by two tourists in front of my door. They were indeed looking for the B&B. And that was the kick in the bum I needed. The next day I made a sign and stuck it to my front door! I hope that means I will now never have to come out of the house again (or lean out of the window) to explain what they are looking for. Watch this space!



No comments: