25 January 2019

Still getting ready for the painter

I had had a weekend of splotching filler all over the place. But I wasn't done yet! I had forgot the staircase. And the conservatory. And I had to remove some stuff from the bathroom walls, and then fill the holes. And I had to put in place one new bit of skirting board, and fix two in position that had originally just been glued into place. And not all the filler used so far had been sanded down to remove the edges. So I had more to do! And I didn't have the whole weekend for it, with a bit gap taken out of the day on Saturday (the fieldtrip recce). But the good thing was that on the way back from that trip, I popped by a DIY shop and looked at colours. It's not good enough to tell your painter you want 'blue' or 'green'; you have to be more specific. And I decided! I look forward to seeing my vision in reality...

So In the end, the actual weekend before the painter would show up (after a week's delay because of family reasons) I was running around like a mad person! But soon the house should be transformed...


 Nasty gaps near the ceiling in the staircase

What it looked like later (yes i know, not very professional, but who will pay attention to this?

The bathroom is starting to look empty


And I did my homework! Colours decided on...

No comments: