25 April 2023

Ready for the dissertation presentations

 I have to do quite a lot of preparation for the dissertation presentations! And this year, the timing didn't work out very well. So by Friday end of play I wasn't ready. I hadn't expected to be! And the presentations started on Monday morning first thing. So I knew I would have to work in the weekend. I'm not keen on that, but sometimes it has to be done!

After breakfast I went into my home office. No need to be on-campus longer than necessary! I would only have to go to campus for the printing, basically. So when I figured I was done and could start printing I headed for Anglesey.

The door was open! I knew that the University had an Open Day, but I wasn't sure if anything would be taking place on our campus. It clearly did! And the place was swarming with Peer Guides. I knew quite a lot of them! Even though I stopped being in charge of them a while ago. That was nice. And I accidentally was wearing a T-shirt in the same colour as their Peer Guiding shirts.

When I started printing I soon found out two files seemed not to have saved properly. That was a bit of a bummer! I had to finish them again. Luckily, I had worked out a rather efficient way of doing it, and it didn't take an awful lot of time.

When I was done, the open day was also coming to an end. Once I was outside I checked my bag. I didn't want to come home and realise my paperwork wasn't complete! I'm glad I did; one presentation booklet was still in the queue. I went back and sorted that. And had a little chat with my colleague Mattias who runs the open days, and one of the senior Peer Guides. She had been amazing when I was still in charge of Peer Guiding!

When I got home I felt a lot better. I had faith that everything would be okay on the day! And I went for a run before it was time to have dinner. Most of the day was gone, but not all of it, and I still had the Sunday to myself. And then on Monday we would see how it all would pan out…

Paperwork ready


No comments: