01 February 2023

Finishing the ivy removal

I was told off by my sister for calling the ivy a parasite! I suppose it is just using my tree as a stepladder to reach towards the sunlight. But I was a bit scared that the ivy could catch too much of that, and also restrict the tree in its growth by wrapping itself around its trunk. So I continued my efforts to remove it! And the second time, I had brought a crowbar and saw. And ladder.

In not too much time I had removed at all! The whole tree looks a lot neater now. And I think it will be happier. I'm sure it wants to photosynthesise itself! And not leave all of that to the ivy. I will see if it looks happier than normal in summer! And maybe next year I can do some of the pruning of the tree from within the canopy of the tree. As it is a lot less busy there now…


Tree is see-through again! 

No comments: