05 February 2023

No side gig for now

Last year I was approached again by Adult Education Wales. Would I be willing to deliver my climate course again in the new year? I said yes. They were thinking about a January start. That sounded good to me; January is exam period, so not excessively busy. So I started thinking about how to make it a bit more interactive. It had a bit too much me talking, and not enough getting the participants to tackle things themselves. And some of it will largely stay that way; when I'm talking them through comparisons of the present with various periods in the geological past, I think most people have so little idea of that that they just wouldn't know where to start. But when it comes to just processes that is different.

Then a message to game. Not enough people had registered! Could we postpone? And I wasn't overly keen, as that would bring the start of the course beyond the exam period, but I figured I should be able to manage.

Then yet another email came. Even with that postponement, not enough people had registered! So the deal was off.

The idea is that we have a chat about how to tweak it and perhaps offer it in a different form. But I have said I don't want any of that to happen within the current term. It is busy enough as it is! So we'll see what the next step is. But for now, I only have my one full-time job to contend with!


No comments: