09 February 2023

Two year cat anniversary!

As I write this, I have had my beautiful cat for two years exactly! Time flies when you're living with a lovely fluffball. 

What I wrote about the first anniversary still holds! She enriches my every day. And my every night as well, actually. I don't think there has been a single night in the past year where I was home and where she didn't sleep by my side! 

As a slightly early anniversary present she had her scratch post refurbished. And she has also really enjoyed her heated pad. That was nothing to do with the anniversary, but after initially taking to it like a duck to water, and then ignoring it for days, she is now using it as the standard snoozing spot.

She now also gives me little high-fives when she wants food! It is very cute. I have to make sure I don't end up having to report next year that she needs to go on a diet because these high-fives are too convincing and I give her too much food.

The one thing that still bothers me is that he is still over-grooming, and giving herself big bald patches. It probably means she still thinks I don't give her enough attention! I have been thinking about giving her a companion, but that might have to wait a while, as I will need to have some time to familiarise the newcomer with this household. So that might have to be a summer thing.

It is strange to think she has now spent more time living with me than anywhere else! I hope we will have many years together to come…






No comments: