26 February 2023

Starting to rebuild wood pile

My garage was getting empty! Which is not very worrying; spring is clearly in the air, so I won't need to regularly have the woodstove on for much longer. But I would like that pile to be restocked for next season. So when we drove to the Gwydir forest, and we came past a hotel (or something like that) that was clearly undergoing some renovations, and that had a big pile of waste wood in front of its door with a big sign saying "free wood" my interest was piqued.


The day after I drove to my periodical therapy session. And on the way back I decided to just stop and have some of it. It would only take a few minutes, and I wasn't timetabled immediately after returning to campus. It was lovely unpainted wood! Quite a lot of it still had the laths attached, but I can just take the whole thing home, separate the laths, and use them as kindling, while using the beams as logs.

It wasn't until Thursday I actually unloaded it into the garage. It is good to see it a bit less empty! And who knows; that pile might still be there when I have my next therapy session. Then I can just do it all again!



No comments: