18 February 2023

Another attempt at smart watch

Last summer, my friend Monique gave me an old smart watch. I enjoyed it! But it didn’t live long. 

It took me a while to get my act together, but in the end I got myself another one. A refurbished Apple Watch. And my first outing with it was not a success; given that I normally wear old-fashioned watches that only need a new battery once every few years, I had not thought of charging it before I set off. I tried to log my commute, but it ran out of battery power pretty soon.

The next day it sort of worked! I did get a warning it was running out of power on my way home, and because of that it didn't quite log my entire commute. But it was close enough! When I got home, I immediately put it back in the charger. And when it was charged, at least I could effortlessly transfer my ride to my phone!

If I get used to charging it often enough, I will be able to log my runs and other types of exercise without having to bring my phone! And I expect that the GPS will work better. My phone has a bit of a habit of losing its positioning, especially if I take a picture along the way. And I like taking pictures along the way! So let's see how long I last in this century this time…




No comments: