17 June 2022

Two races missed in a row

After my very enjoyable two races after a hiatus I wanted more! So the first thing I registered for was the Snowdonia half marathon. But then my sister got covid, had to move her trip, and moved it straight onto the race. So I had to bail out! My sister didn't really think there would be much left of the day, or me, after I would have run 20 km.

Then I registered for the quarryman run. A short run in the vicinity of Llanberis. It sounded good!

The day before I started to feel a bit lethargic. I went to bed early. And I woke up feeling a lot worse. I didn't really feel up to anything! Just a cold; I didn't test positive for covid. I did manage to water the plants, and that is good because that is a matter of life or death, but otherwise I did not achieve much. I spent quite some time just joining the cat in her nap on the bed. It was all I had energy for! So this was clearly not a race day for me.

Not a race day

One could have argued it wasn't a good race day anyway; I had only done a few runs since my ankle played up. But the ankle became irrelevant. And it got a few more days of rest. 

There is another interesting-looking race in early July! Maybe I'll end up doing that. Sooner or later I'll manage to get into another race! But these months fate just doesn't seem to want me to do that…

No comments: