13 June 2022

Last days of my stay in NL

After the family reunion, I had two main items left on the agenda of my stay in the Netherlands. One was my friend Monique, and the other one was my mother. I had seen my mother in between things, but it is also nice to just have some time there. And Monique lives so far to the east you don’t see her if you don't make the  effort!

As always, it was good to see Monique. And we did the usual things of catching up and walking the dogs. We always have plenty to talk about!

Monique’s scenic village 

When I was at my mother's we also just caught up. And sometimes we are just reading the newspaper at the same table with a big mug of coffee. We don't necessarily need to talk! But the weather was nice, and we also sat outside in the communal garden with a glass of wine and some nibbles. And her friend Mieke, who has visited me in Wales. That was fab! 

Mother and daughter selfie

I also went for my first run in more than a week! After having given my ankle a bit of a break I dared give it a go again. And it felt good. And it even felt good the next day! Not quite back to normal, but the run had clearly not made things worse. So I should be back in business again.and I popped into town for some cheese. 

Running again!

Some beautiful buildings with unfortunate lighting

I made sure I made a few good nights, as I wanted to be fresh for the journey back, and then I was ready to head home again. I had missed the cat a lot! And I also knew that both work and the solar panel installers would be waiting for me. Time to get back into the rhythm of my life in Wales! But it had been a good visit!

No comments: