08 June 2022

Scaffolding for solar panels in place

About a week before the solar panels would come I received a phone call from the company that would install them. Everything was on track! The scaffolders would come the day before the installers. All sounded good.

The day came the scaffolders were due, and indeed; in the morning a vehicle of a scaffolding company appeared in the street. I had a small chat with them and they set to work. They had a look and they figured they couldn't really go over the neighbour's roof; they had to go on top of it, and then on top of my flat roof, with some anchoring in the wall. That would work for me.

After a while I got a knock on the door and they told me they were done. Good stuff! All ready for the panels.

A bit later I took the ladder they had left behind and used it to get onto my flat roof. And from there I got onto the platform they had built for the solar panel installers. It was special to be so close to my roof, but the view wasn't as spectacular as I hoped! But I had to check, of course. At least I won't be pining for a roof terrace once the scaffolding has gone.

Now I only had to wait for the solar panel people! Bring on the renewable energy!

All the scaffolding in front of the neighbour's house!

The platform

No comments: