I thought I'd get that seatpost out in a few hours. I was wrong! After day #1 I was left with a seatpost of which two 90 degree sections were twisted and mangled inside the frame. That leaves one little room for manouvering around. But if violence doesn't help, you're not using enough of it. So after another day of teeth-gritting sawing (I'm getting a muscular right arm) I had managed to remove the gnarled metal, and create a free view again. Now I can continue with plan B: try narrower slivers! And if even that doesn't work it's not the end: Dave is willing to come to the rescue. He has access to equipment that can drill the bloody bugger out. And I think for such job one needs a very large drill bit, but it seems Dave doesn't think a drill bit is big until it's 2.5 inch thick. But I only keep that as an emergency solution: I want to personally rip the bastard out!
A free view down!
This is what I got out so far...
After every sawing session I turn the bike upside down and tap it. This is what typically comes out... (the sawdust, that is; it's not a money-spewing bicycle. The pound is for scale!)
This blog started as a tool to keep my Dutch friends informed on my whereabouts when I moved abroad. It quickly also became an external memory for my own use. It largely failed as a stage for discussions on whatever is worth discussing. And it has become a way of sharing my scientific knowledge with a lay audience. And who knows, it could become even more! And whatever it is you are looking for among all this: welcome.