01 June 2023

Sorting out the hedge

Another dull blog post about garden maintenance! But I got such a sense of achievement out of it I'm going to write it anyway.

The house comes with the hedge! And hedges need annual trimming. And originally, my neighbour offered to do my side as well, when he did his side anyway. I was grateful for that! He has quite a big hedge trimmer, and he is considerably taller than me. I think he can just do it standing on the ground, even though it's a sizeable hedge.

Then covid struck, and he withdrew the offer. From then on I had to do with myself! And the thing is, that I don't necessarily get round to doing it every year. And last year I didn't. And this year I was feeling really bad about it. 

I myself use my working platform, which I inherited from the previous owner of the house, and a small trimmer I inherited from my dad and stepmum. This works too! So now the hedge looks civilised again. From now on I should be more conscientious and not skip years! 

The next thing I should probably do now: paint my garden shed… that was another one of those tasks that I didn't end up doing last year. With great garden comes great responsibility!

Done! 

…and tidied up


No comments: