05 June 2023

Night running

It is summer! I sometimes go running in the evening. I don't like running in the dark, so I only do this when the days are long. The running itself is not necessarily great at night; I tend to still feel my dinner in my stomach. I always feel quite sluggish when I set off. But the great thing is that you get amazing night skies! And it is also nice that you know the day is done. You don't have to get back to work after a night run! And on really hot days it's nice to avoid the heat. 

I sometimes do it in the weekend, or on a weekday if I didn't bike to work. That can be because I took a working from home day, or because something was preventing me from biking. Having to lug heavy objects around for instance.

One night I went to Mynydd Llandygai. The area is covered swampy, so it is not good for running very often! I explored this specific area on a particularly cold day when I figured all the swampiness was frozen. And I figured that after three weeks of no rain I could do it again, but this time on my running shoes! And it largely worked.

Soon we will have the longest day! I expect to get fair number of evening runs in before their sun just sets too early. I'm sure I'll get a few more beautiful pictures out of it!








No comments: