21 June 2023

Mine cat

On the way to our mine trip, Lydia gave me a crocheted cat. His name is Pennant. And all of that makes total sense!

I'm not quite sure when I became aware of the crocheted cats. It might have been during the first field trip we did on Anglesey. She had brought one, and it quite actively participated in the field trip. She had also been crocheting in some of my lectures. And since we had been going underground, she had always, always, brought a crocheted cat.

She is about to graduate, and she might leave the area. But now I have my own crocheted cat to remind me of our adventures together! I thought it was a lovely gesture. Oh and he has been named after Cwm Pennant. I don't know if I will bring him on mine trips, but he will certainly get a place of honour in my house! 

Meet Pennant! 


No comments: