26 June 2023

Picnic

I hadn't seen much of Miles this year yet! We had gone to a public lecture in winter, and since then I had only seen him at rescue trainings. And I almost didn't see him now either.

We were supposed to go for a picnic (like we did last year!), but then a day or two before hand he send me a message saying he had got injured, and we might have to postpone. But I thought that if he was injured, he was probably quite restricted in what he could do, and he could do with company. So I suggested we go ahead anyway! And it was him who then said we might just keep the picnic. But I would have to come pick him up from home…

I made sure to have food and drink and then picked him up. He had a cast! And was indeed much less mobile than normal. And he suggested we head in the direction of Llanrwst, but turn off into the woods. And that's what we did! And ended up, pretty much by accident, at the burial chamber there. And we decided to stay there! I could park, and we could just sit a few meters away from the car with a view over the hills. It was lovely!

It was not how I had initially imagined it before I got that message about his injury. But I think it worked out fine! And I said that if he felt a bit cooped up with his limited mobility he could give a shout and we could do it all again. We'll see if that happens!





No comments: