07 June 2023

Local loot

Those who contributed to the citizens’ assemblies would get rewarded with a voucher for a local business. I didn't have to think for very long; I wanted a voucher for the pottery! I love what they make. And I had even specifically asked them at some point to make me some saucers. And they had! That was around the time that I realised I was going to get a voucher. So I asked if they were willing to set them aside for me until I had it. I expected it to come through the door that very week. I didn't!

It didn't come for many weeks! I decided to email the bloke who would hand them out about it. And he responded really promptly; he asked if I was around that day or the next. I said I was, and would check if he would be in the office. And then I just saw him walking down the street!

He was actually manning a stand at the local agricultural show. Yes, it is this kind of place! There are sheep competitions and everything. Anyway; he asked me to come to his stand to pick the voucher up, as I needed to sign for it. I did. And then on the way back I went straight into the pottery. I could finally go and get my saucers!

The voucher was so big and the saucers so affordable I could buy more. I went for an additional bowl and a vase! The vase alone would have done the job, but I got carried away.


I had hoped I would also manage to sort out compensation for my parking permit. With Neuadd Ogwen still building, I can still not park in front of the house. They paid for a permit so I could park on the parking lot next door last year; they had promised to do it this year as well, but this had just not happened yet. I did find Dilwyn, the manager, who said he would send a colleague over to sort it. But that didn't happen! Oh well. I would've found it nice and elegant if both the voucher and the parking permit would get sorted on the same day. But sooner or later I am sure the latter will happen. And until that day, I can still eat cake from my beautiful new saucers! 


Ps the parking permit was sorted three days later!

No comments: