15 June 2023

Good and bad cat news from the neighbour

My neighbour sometimes plays with her grandchildren in the street. There is practically no traffic, so she can. And one day, when I was about to go for my run, I bumped into her there. And I suspect he was keen on having an adult conversation after a long day with a grandchild. We had a good chat! And quite a lot of it had to do with cats.

I suppose I should start with the bad news. In February I blogged about a big white tomcat who used to hang around my house a lot. He was quite friendly, and my cat didn't seem to be particularly afraid of him after the initial wariness, and he was very vocal. I enjoyed the serenades. But I hadn't seen them in weeks! And now my neighbour told me he had been run over on the main road through the village. So that's why I hadn't spotted him for so long! I was sad.

There was also good news. I mentioned a long time ago my cat was getting bald patches. She still does! The vet didn't know what to do with it either, but she doesn't seem to be too bothered by it. She is just her normal daft self, so I don't worry about it too much, even though I feel very bad about it. This is not the way it should be! And if she gives herself bald patches, she must be in some kind of distress, even though there are no other signs of it.

Anyway; I had noticed that my neighbour’s cat, known in my circles as Nemesis, but actually called Puss, had bald patches too. And my neighbour told me she had managed to almost solve that with skin cream. And there was more where that came from! And she said I should try some. Maybe it would work. That was very kind of her!

When I got back after my run I put some on her leg. I didn't want to do all of her bald bits; that is a bit much. I don't even know how you would do that on an opinionated cat. But when I did her leg she purred, so she clearly doesn't mind the sensation of being rubbed with this cream. I will have to see if it makes a difference! It did for the neighbour’s cat, so who knows whether it might work for her as well…

Bald cat with possible solution 


No comments: