17 July 2022

New picture acquisition

I like filling up my house with beautiful pictures. Most of them are made by myself, but I have a few professional ones. And one day I saw a lady advertise a professional print from a local artist, of some quarryman's cottages in evening light. And they were the cottages I had walked past the year before. It was exactly the sort of scene I love! So I contacted her and bought it. And the photograph was amazing. I was less impressed by the frame; it was very fake and some of it was the colour of fake wood, and some of it was silver. But that is something you can do something about. And I had all my painting implements ready anyway. So after I painted the ceiling, I just kept going and painted the frame with white primer. I chanced painting it without taking the picture out of the frame! And I'm not sure if this primer white will be the colour it will stay; I don't think it matches the passepartout, but it will do for now. It is a lot more beautiful than I thought it was before! And I put it on a prominent place in the master bedroom. I am really chuffed with it!

Upcycling in action

Result


No comments: