10 May 2013

Under the weather - again

I'm typing this at home, in my dressing gown. I don't feel well! My tonsils are swollen and my nose is runny and my head is full of cotton wool. When was the last time that happened? In early january, after I'd visited the Netherlands! And what time is it now? Just after I've visited the Netherlands! Is that a coincidence? I think not...

That which gets me through the day

When I'm at home I make sure I get my sleep. I know I need it! But when I stay with other people I tend to accept I have no say over what time I go to bed. And I think I need to change that. If I stay at my mother's place I always get the rest I need, but elsewehere there often is social pressure to drink into the night. And I can't do it anymore! I have decided that next time I'll try hard to go to bed when I want to. Luckily, all my friends are getting older too: I hope they understand...

Going to the caving trip on Tuesday probably didn't help either. But It's my last month! Then again, I suppose I have to be more strategic with such things too. You win a regular trip, but lose a training! I should keep in mind that an evening out is also a health risk. And I know that sounds like a scaremongering commercial for desinfectant soap, but the reality of the situation is inescapable.

Life is too precious to squander it feeling miserable in bed. And I don't have much time to get better! I have a place to live in York to find! And a manuscript to finish! And I already missed my last ever Devon Cave Rescue training. Stupid! Frustrating! I love that team. And all because I'm not strong anough to say "you lot are lovely, but I want to go to sleep now". One lives and learns...

No comments: