10 November 2021

New phone

Just over two years ago I got me a new phone. I was really chuffed with it! It was an iPhone 7, and it did what I wanted it to do. But about a year later I managed to bend it while I was on the run in the general area of Rhydd Du. That's not good for a phone! And then last winter I also managed to smash it. That, too, is not good for a phone. And when I went into down to have the screen repaired, the repairman said the phone wouldn't survive because of having been bent. I said it had already survived five months that way; it would probably survive a bit longer. So he repaired it, and I was right; it lasted! And it wasn't perfect; if I used it, it would get hot, and that in turn would drain the battery. So given that I am on a contract with upgrades every two years, I knew it would only have the last until October. But then I didn't get a message about my upgrade. And then I started actively trying to find out what the situation was with respect to my upgrade. And it turned out that the relationship between O2 and Carphone Warehouse had broken down. That was the culmination I had used for my telephonic needs! So now what? I could upgrades directly through O2, but I decided I was going to take a different route. There are shops in town where you can buy refurbished phones, and there is no need for me to have a brand-new one. So one day I had to go into town anyway booked into the nearest shop that sold phones like that. And they had a nice iPhone SE on offer. It pretty much is an iPhone 7 but with more computing power. So I went for it! I have been totally happy with my old phone except for the damage I did to it.

When I got home I transferred all my data from my old phone to the new one. I also transferred the protective case, and the screen protector. The transferring of data had a few glitches but by the end of the day I had it sorted. I barely noticed I had a new phone! It's the same size and the same model, and because of the protective case it isn't obvious it has a different colour. But I did notice that my battery suddenly lasts a lot longer. And I might notice the bigger CPU as well. But I hope I am sorted now for the coming years! And the Samsung has now gone to charity. I hope someone else is happy with it!

Transferring the data

No comments: