03 December 2023

Marking handover

I have marked the students’ field trip reports! It was such a relief to get that done. And it was _just_ within the deadline. The next pile is only coming in a week later. That is comfortable timing; the scary thing is if you are still battling with the previous pile, when the new pile has already been gathering dust for days if not weeks. With the deadline, of course, not shifting. 

The new pile will be big though; that other module has 79 students. The work to be marked is my relatively new assignment about shelf sea stratification over timescales of thousands of years

I must admit I was not optimally committed to my other tasks while I was trying to get that field report marked. Because I now have nothing for a week, and then the full four working weeks to finish the next batch, I can keep several different plates spinning now! And I need that…

No comments: