19 December 2023

SEG issues

In the summer 2022, I got me my solar panels. And when I had solar panels I needed a smart meter. That was fitted in September. And when I had a smart meter, I could apply for getting compensated for the energy I would generate and not use myself. That construction is called a Standard Export Guarantee. I applied for one, and after some mailing to and fro, it was granted to me. But no money came in my direction. I was wondering if they pay out annually. Then Martin told me he gets his quarterly. And he has the same energy company for that. So it was probably time I got in touch!

When I phoned them and gave my details, the lady I spoke with said I didn’t have a smart meter. No smart meter? How would they have given me an SEG in the first place? But well, she had my information in front of her, so clearly they were convinced I didn't have one. She said I should send them a clear picture of my smart meter, where they could see the serial number. So I did.

Just over a week later I received an email from them, acknowledging the receipt of my pictures. They would investigate. I wasn't very impressed with how on the ball they were. How much time does it take to just send a generic email to say you have received some pictures? We'll see how long this situation is going to get dragged out. But I doubt anything will happen this year. Let’s hope for good news in the new year! 


The smart meter, as it was installed in September 2022


No comments: