29 December 2023

Boosters for the cat

It was time again for the dreaded vet visit. I know the cat hates it! But sometimes these things need doing. 

I made sure she didn’t notice I had got the travel basket ready. If she spots it she knows what I’m up to, and is likely to hide. So when it was time I swooped her  unsuspecting form up and stuffed it n the basket. We were off! 

She tends to meow almost unbearably pitifully in the car. This time was no exception! It always cuts straight through my soul. But when we got there she shit up.

She was still unhappy. My travel basket has a little pillow in it, and she managed to manoeuvre herself underneath it! Trying to hide from the world. Poor thing. 


Spot the little head poking out from underneath the pillow 

She was quite calm when the vet had her on the table. She got her boosters, and got a general check of her lungs, belly, eyes, ears, and teeth. All was well! She still has bald patches by the vet wasn’t too worried about it. She even wasn’t too worried about her weight. 4.76 kg; more than the previous times! Oh dear. I am too generous. Will have to tone it down again. 

On the way back she barely meowed. I think she spotted the pattern: once we’re in the car again, the only thing that happens is that we go home and I release her again. And that’s it for a long time. So she was right back to her normal self when we got back. Good! Sorted for the next 12 months…

No comments: