02 December 2023

Lectures over for this term

That's it; I've done my last lecture of the year 2023! It doesn't mean I'm done teaching; after the last lecture, you tend to get some drop-in sessions, and loads of student presentations. And this year is no exception. But I still find it a bit of a landmark in the academic year.

Was lecturing really the biggest thing I was doing? No not really. When I wasn't lecturing or in meetings, I was generally frantically trying to finish a big pile of marking. It was the field trip report associated with the day in the mountains. This year had a rather large cohort! And I had only been able to start marking after I had finished the previous pile. And that previous pile had had a delay because of patient transport issues.

Not lecturing leaves more time for marking, though! I hope I can get this out of the way and have time for other things again… 


This lecture theatre has already packed up for the holidays 


No comments: