28 April 2022

Trying bark to stop the cats

My cat shits in my garden. The neighbour’s cat shits in my garden. There might be more cats that shit in my garden. And that's OK; we all have to shit somewhere. But I'd like to steer a bit where exactly they go. And I decided to do an experiment. You can buy decorative treebark in the garden centre, and spread it out over your raised beds. I suppose it is mainly against weeds, but it might very well work against cats as well.

I had already had the bark for a while, but I had not got around to spreading it. And one day I did. I first took out all the weeds out of the bed I had civilised the year before, and then I spread out the bark. Now I'll have to wait and see what the effect is! Maybe they will just dig through it. One way to find out… the first few days, at least, it looked conspicuously tidy!

Cat taking liberties


Bark in the bed


No comments: