20 April 2022

Easter break chores

During term time, I tend to not have much time for chores. So reaching the Easter break was the starting gun for catching up on stuff that I have been wanting to do for a while. Sometimes for months! And I got down to it. Most of it involved the garden; I sowed flowers and additional vegetables, both inside and outside; I repotted several vegetables, placed my peas outside, reseeded a bold patch in the grass, cut the existing grass, and contemplated some issues such as the compost heap. Some of it was not related to the garden; I for instance demolished another half pallet for firewood, and sorted out some practicalities for my impending solar panels.

The season for spending more time in the garden has clearly come, and it is nice to see it in what I think is a better state than it has ever been. There is still a lot of work to be done but with such a big garden it just takes time to get all of it under control. And more firewood will certainly come in handy! And the increasing tidiness of the garage as well. And the solar panels surely will. There is still a lot more to do but it is nice to make a dent in my to-do list!

Peas outside

Half a pallet on its way to become firewood

The big downstairs veg patch

No comments: