10 September 2026

Welsh classes start again

New term, new Welsh class. I had found one again that was online on Monday night. That suits me. It was again a southern provider; unfortunately, not with the same tutor as the previous time I did that. I just hope that this one would be good too.

The first thing I noticed was that it was a huge class. More than 20 people! And it had run the previous year as well, so a lot of people knew each other. 

When we did a little round of introductions, I noticed there were more Northerners, like one bloke who lived in Bangor but was originally from the south, and someone else who was from the Dolgellau area. And we of course had people based in England. That’s standard! And we had an Irishman from Donegal; he was fluent in Irish. 

It started dull, to be honest. After the introductions the tutor, Lyndon, went through a big document with all sorts of guidelines and resources and whatnot. That took us all the way to the coffee break. 

After coffee, we actually got some work done. We read an article on the BBC Cymru website, and went into breakout rooms for some chats in smaller groups. That was nice.

It was an ok introduction. I hope next week we get a bit more down to business. One way to find out!


No comments: