08 September 2026

Finally seeing Kate again

It had been a while since I had seen Kate. The last time we had gone for a walk was in May! So it was time to catch up again. And the only good day for it was the day before the Caernarfon Half Marathon. 

I had first gone to Anglesey to cheer on Louise in the Ring O Fire, and then I headed inland. When I got to her place I soon heard Bryn barking. He had spotted me! He was delighted to see me. Kate was pleased too. 

Her suggestion had been to walk from Conwy Falls cafe to Fairy Glen and back. It sounded good! Pretty, but sedate enough for a runner who wants to rest before a race, and a geriatric dog. But I first needed some sandwiches. 

After the sandwiches we were off. The path between the cafe and the Glen is lovely, and Bryn was fine. And when we got there it was fairly quiet. And beautiful! Kate did a brief evaluation of Bryan’s paws, as he gets limpy quite easily these days, but he was fine. We continued our way. 

Dog physio assessment 

We then got to the most spectacular part of the walk. There were a few people there already. But the place is sizeable; you don't have to get into each other's way. We just pottered around a bit. Bryn went into the river. It was quite nice! 

Bryn does model duties


Pic of the Glen by Kate

Bryn flaunting his rock and his big feet

We then made our way back. Bryn was fine. And then I wanted to go home to prepare for my race the next morning. So it was a modest rendezvous, but I really enjoyed it! 


No comments: