03 December 2022

Tackling the big wood

I had been intending to have a good firewood sawing session for weeks. It never happened! Other things were always higher on the to do list. But finally I found the time. And I went for the wood I had been avoiding for months. The steps of Neuadd Ogwen’s temporary stairs!

I had been burning bits of stairs for months, but only the sides and banisters. I had not yet gathered the courage to tackle the big planks. I think they are about 180 x 30 x 5. That’s big! But it had to happen. 

I sawed 3 out of 5 at the time of writing! I say success. I also sawed some smaller bits as I was at it anyway. I also reduced a trellis to kindling.


Big!

I should replenish my stock as I am getting through it, but I have another reason for wanting to make some progress. It was Neuadd Ogwen’s temporary stairs I was sawing up, and they built a new set! That will have to come down too. I can hardly assume I’ll get that wood too, but it is possible. I’d better have some space were that to happen! 

The new temporary stairs 

No comments: