17 December 2022

Birthday

It was that time of year again! My birthday was coming up. This year it would work out well: it fell on a Wednesday, and I normally have dinner with Jaco and Marjan that day. And they suggested we have dinner in person on that day. Jaco would cook! So that was the actual day sorted.

The weekend before we would go wine and cheese tasting, so that was a nice thing to do on an evening that is not a week night, but really close to my birthday.

On the actual day I took it a bit easy in the morning. I had an additional shoelace session with the cat. And then I went to work. And when I showed up for lunch, I was faced with heavily decorated cake and people singing for me. That was heartwarming! Susan had sorted that, and Guy was also there with a card and a present. And the cake was lovely.


In the afternoon I had a session with Jenny, my Welsh tutor. It had nothing to do with my birthday but I always enjoy our encounters.

At the end of the day I went up the hill. Jaco had cooked lasagna, with the sheets made himself! It was nice to end the day with them. And then it was time to go home and get ready for two more days of heavy marking. I'm 47 now; I hope it will be a good age!


No comments: