16 February 2022

Pictures getting bigger

I had got my hands on several rather large picture frames, and these are great for decorating your house. But as I don't own a clanging SLR, I had wondered what on Earth to put in them. I had several old maps in them, that I had acquired shortly after my arrival in Norway. And I must say, I quite like them. These can stay put. And I had recently just printed a few big pictures taken either by my point-and-shoot camera, or my iPhone, after having seen in practice that that works out. But the biggest frame was filled with a collage. I had not dared print anything out at that size! But I didn't actually like the concept of a collage very much, so when it turned out that I could print pictures much bigger than I had initially envisaged, I got some extra courage and decided to print one of my own pictures for that. And I had one in mind. I had a picture printed out at modest size of New London, an abandoned quarry settlement on Svalbard, on the other side of the fjord from Ny-Alesund. It is not a technically good picture, but I love the combination of the mountains in the background, the bleached wooden buildings, and the collapsed crane. And I decided that was going to be the one I would print out at 50 x 60 centimetre size. And I did! And I am happy with the result. I will now be less hesitant. Not that I have an awful lot more space for more big picture frames, but still. If I ever want to replace the maps, I now know I can.

Big pic!


No comments: