29 January 2022

Efficient exam period

In the first semester, I am module organiser for two modules, and I teach on a few more. One of my own modules doesn't have an exam. That means that by the time the exam period starts, all the marking for that module is already done! And my other module is more or less 50-50 split with my colleague Tom. And then there is a module that is led by Tom that I teach on; this year more than before, in order to fill the void that Suzie left when she quit her job. That module has an exam as well. So in total, I was involved in two exams this exam period. One was done on the Wednesday, and one on the Friday of the same week.

By the end of the week I had finished marking all my questions on Wednesday's exam. And by that Monday, of course, the other exam would be waiting for me. I thought that might be the rather big job, but I went through the short answer questions rather quickly, and it turned out that not that many students had chosen my long answer questions. So in two days that was out of the way as well! Now the other people on these modules can do their bit. I don't think of ever been this quick in an exam period. I liked it!

Dull, but GDPR-compliant exam-related picture  




No comments: