16 January 2022

Back to the physiotherapist after a long time

 It had been summer when I last saw my physiotherapist. That was when she said she wanted my nerves to be tested. She had a hypothesis about what the problem was, and testing how well my nerves would conduct electric currents would allow her to test it. And in autumn, this happened. And now it was winter and I would see her again; she would have got the results from the test, and would be ready to think about what next.

She indeed did. She agreed her hypothesis had been disproven by the results of the test. And she wanted to find if she could find any evidence for the next hypothesis by the man who had conducted the test; would I have protuberances in my spine that stopped signals travelling into my arms anyway? She wasn't convinced. But she was happy to send me down to x-ray to have it properly ruled out.

In the meantime she suggested I strengthen my chest muscles. And stretch them. Ehm, the link with my arms wasn't immediately clear to me but I'm happy to give it a try. It wouldn't do any harm! Although I find my chest muscles bit elusive. They are bit hidden by other body parts! I'll have to find a good way of both training them and stretching them, and then incorporating it into my routine. It is getting bigger and bigger! But if it helps then it will all be worth it.

But first she sent me to the x-ray department with an A4 sheet of paper. I didn't expect things to move that fast! I only waited for a few minutes and then I was already called up. And the taking of the images didn't take more than a few minutes either. My physiotherapist will give me a call to tell me what the result is. And in the meantime I need to go and update my exercise regime!



No comments: