10 June 2015

Above-ground week with beer in the sun

I flew home on Tuesday. I would do my big Welsh exam on Wednesday. Then I would go underground again on Thursday. I would probably be tired on Friday. But it didn't work out that way! Except the being tired.
I came back to find the Thursday trip moved to Friday. That day was our College of Natural Sciences Grad School Summer Party! Is that important? Not particularly; it's just a bit of boozing in the botanical garden with colleagues. But, in a way, it is; I'm still on a mission to make my life more sociable, and colleagues matter. I wanted to go! And I was very aware that that party would allow me to be home early, while an underground trip never does. And the day after I would have another exam prep class from 9.30 on, immediately followed by a longish bike ride to Caernarfon, for Jaco's birthday. I could do with a bit of rest! And having been gone for a week, the sheer bulk of work that needed to be done before the cruise collapsed heavily on my shoulders. So on Thursday night I just worked until late. And on Friday I did go to the CNS GS SP (to be a bit more concise). I was home by 18:30. Good work! Maybe not spectacular, but maybe a combination of hard work and a relaxing Friday were quite what was needed. The underground will wait until next week!

Juan waiting for me to bike back to Anglesey at the end of the party

No comments: