04 March 2024

Contractor vanished

I'm not very strategic and I am too trusting! For instance; I had my garage reroofed, and only a few years later I noticed all the cement was already falling out of the roof ridge. That didn't look very sturdy. And I had bumped into the roofer at a race, who said he would contact me, but of course he hadn't. And I couldn't contact him either, as I had never communicated directly with him. What I needed to do was contact the contractor. But a voice says "this number is not in use" if I phone him. And if I google his company, I find nothing. I think he has stopped trading! So I can't really talk to anyone who is responsible. I'll have to have this fixed by someone else. Will I learn from this? I hope so! I'm sure that owning a house, I will forever have to deal with three people. Can I avoid any of them going out of business after they deal with me? No! But maybe I should just have acted earlier. Maybe he would still have been in business then. But for now I will just put the roof on the to-do list. It might linger there for a bit!

This only makes sense after zooming in


No comments: