10 March 2024

Car ecosystem

My car is known among my friends as ‘the Ecosystem’. I suppose it is an abbreviation of the original ‘mobile ecosystem’. And there is a reason for that. I don't see the point in washing that car. Maybe letting algae liberally grow where they want might not be good for the car, but I have no illusions that it will be the panels that in the end will spell the demise of the vehicle. The engine will give up before anything else.

The algae on the boot of the car are, in my eye, not very decorative. But I have several species of moss growing in the windowsills. And I think these are beautiful! They make me smile. And recently one species of moss went into flower in its mossy way. So if I'm driving now, I have three fruiting bodies cheerfully waving around in the corner of my right eye. I thought I'd share that!



No comments: