22 March 2024

Application sent in

I have done it! I decided my application for promotion to Senior Lecturer was is good as it was going to get, and I sent it to my line manager for signing. And when it came back, I sent it to HR. They have acknowledged receipt. So there it is! I have taken the step. And now I have to wait a few months to see if it was successful.

I know most applications are successful, but that doesn't guarantee anything, of course. And what if it isn't? That would be annoying, but I'm sure a rejection would come with feedback, and then I can have another go at polishing this up this coming summer. And just submit it again in the next round. I'm sure some of it might be sorted with some editing, and if the substance isn't good, then I have another promotion round to work on that. I feel like I am on quite a roll, so another six months or year could make a substantial difference. So either way; I have faith that this will get sorted in the not too long distance. And I am sure to report back here!






No comments: