26 August 2026

Preparing for cat sitters

I’m travelling again, and that means a cat sitter. And a cat sitter means getting the house ready. And ready means clean and tidy. 

This fits perfectly with my recent initiatives, partially inspired by Neil, to get the house tidier. It is super dull to be cleaning so much, but maybe it is worth it to put some good effort in. It will be easier to maintain it at a higher standard if beforehand I've done one big push to reset that standard. I hope it will work out this way!

Clean!


I also know that no matter how much effort I put in, it will never be impeccable. I suppose the house doesn't really lend itself to that. With its way too many rough edges where dust can pile up, and too much access for spiders and slugs and whatnot, and because it is subdivided into so many little rooms, there are so many surfaces. But I'll see what I can do! At least there is an end to this. As soon as I go to bed the night before I travel, that's it. The next morning I have an early train, so no more cleaning then.

House-sitters tend to leave the house clean as well, so I can enjoy the fruits of my (and their) work when I come back!

No comments: