18 August 2026

Making more rubrics

What I should be working on these days is my application for senior fellow of the HEA. Unsurprisingly, I got sidetracked. I had been working on the forms we have to fill out after the module evaluations have come in. In one of my modules, there is an assessment the students always want more guidance on. And I have to stop somewhere, otherwise you are doing the assignment for them, and they learn nothing. So I never give them as much as they want, but I do honestly try to help them in ways that I think are not detrimental. 

One thing I thought I could do was make a rubric. Maybe that would help them a bit. I had done it for the dissertation module. And our external examiners like them. So I started making one. But then I figured I should make them for all three assessments. That is a fair amount of work. 

I did it, but it did mean I wasn’t working on my SF HEA application. I would have to get my ass in gear afterwards! Because I really want to get it done this summer. I’m not doing myself any favours not having this accreditation! 

No comments: