06 August 2026

Clean the car in anticipation

I had decided to buy a new car, and as soon as I would have it, sell the old one. I suppose selling anything works better if it looks remotely good. I would have to wash my infamously dirty old car. Outside and inside! Neil was a bit upset at that; he had wanted to wash it as long as he knew me, and I never let him. And now, for some anonymous unidentified person, I would? And I saw his point, but I also saw mine; I went ahead and washed it.

Before

It wasn't even that much work! And I made sure to keep the best bits. I washed all the algae off, and all the mud and dust and seagull poo, but not the lichen or the moss. I like these! And the biodiversity isn't what it used to be, what with some issues with droughts or enthusiastic dogs, but I still like that my car is an ecosystem. 

After


It’s still not the cleanest car out there. I think that is ok. What I'm looking for is someone who just wants a dirty cheap car. I don't think they will be picky. If it will be someone who can weld, they can keep this car going for years to come.

Now I only need to actually get my hands on my own new car! This seems not to be trivial. And then I can advertise this unusually shiny Corsa. I hope that when it finally comes to that, it will sell soon. I don't want to own two cars!

No comments: