I was so distracted by all the other things that needed doing that I really neglected work on the ceiling. All the scars that the installers of the infrared panels had created were still there. In late winter and early spring they had at least stopped being holes, but they were still quite conspicuous. Focusing my attention on the kitchen wasn't helping that at all.
That changed when for the first time, a kitchen cabinet door didn't want to give up it plastic lining. When I pulled it off, with difficulty, little bits of MDF came with it. That stopped the originally very smooth surface from remain so smooth. All the doors I had done previously had given up their plastic without a fight, so they still very smooth. What to do? I was trying to give them all a comparable look.
I decided to make a bit of filler, and keep it quite liquid. I had done most of my other filler-related work with ready-made stuff, but I still had a remnant of filler in powder form lying around. And once you make that, you have to use it up. So after I had put a little skim on the damaged parts of the kitchen cabinet door, I used the rest on the ceiling. And that worked quite well.
I had another round like that, with another door that held on to its plastic. So that was two rounds of additional filler; by then the scars were becoming inconspicuous. And after some light sanding, you would hardly notice the scars were there!
![]() |
| Ghostlike outline of the biggest hole in the bedroom ceiling |
![]() |
| Spot the two small ones! |
After that I had run out of powder filler. And I figured it needed one last round of touching up; then I could to the final sanding, and potentially paint it. I already bought a new box. I am glad there is some progress in this work too!



No comments:
Post a Comment