30 August 2026

In the Netherlands: my mum

As usual, my main destination in the Netherlands was my mum. It would be great to see her, but also sad, as old age firmly has its claws in her. She is still living independently, but it’s not clear how long that can continue. And the same holds for my dad, but given that he lives with a spouse, that’s different. 

We needed to have some conversations about health and suchlike. But we also just sat in the garden in the gorgeous weather, having a cup of tea or a glass of port. And after I had seen my dad and my sister, I could give her an update. 

I also did some of the standard Amersfoort things to do: go for a run (twice), and pop into town to go to the cheese shop. And enjoyed the medieval town while doing that. 

Neither of my parents (or anyone else for that matter) is going to get any younger. But at least I got another visit in! 

Sunny forest run

One of the very many amazing buildings in town


No comments: